Call for Submissions - 2014.pdf
The Newfoundland and Labrador Organization of Women Entrepreneurs (NLOWE) will hold its 17th Annual Conference on April 2-3, 2014 at the Delta Hotel & Conference Centre in St. John's, NL. We are currently seeking submissions from members who wish to participate as a presenter for one of three 75 minute workshop sessions held during the pre-conference on April 2, 2014.
Conference workshops provide an intimate, interactive forum for acquainting the audience with new trends in business management skills and professional development, often through hands-on experience. Attendees will include NLOWE members and clients, industry organizations, and government agencies. We are entertaining submissions on a variety of topics, including but not limited to the following: Leadership, Human Resource Management, Financial Management, Marketing, Social Media, Work/Life Balance, Strategic Planning, and Advanced Communication Skills.
Interested parties are asked to submit proposals via email as an attachment in PDF, or Microsoft Word format (electronic format required!) by Friday, February 14, 2014.
Your submission should include:
- a synopsis of the topic(s) to be covered;
- target audience (i.e. new entrepreneurs, established business owners, managers, etc.);
- learning objectives;
- the topic's relevance to business management skills development;
- samples of materials to be distributed at the workshop, and preferred method of delivery (i.e. PowerPoint presentation, interactive discussion, etc.);
- a resume which clearly demonstrates the presenter's skill or expertise in the subject area and three recent references from previous presentations,
- associated costs (if any);
Please note that this call is open to NLOWE members only.
Instructions for Submission
Proposals must be received no later than Friday, February 14, 2014.
Email your submissions to:
Assistant Director, NLOWE
Questions on submission guidelines should be directed to Kristy Martell, Assistant Director, 709.754.5555 ext. 233 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A confirmation of receipt of submission will be sent to each applicant.
- By submitting an application for consideration, it is understood that you may be contacted by NLOWE for follow-up and more information on your submission, however, only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- Selection of submission(s) will be based on the originality of the submission, the quality of the description, the relevance of the contribution to conference attendees, qualifications of the trainer, the quality of their work and cost to the organization. NLOWE reserves the right to make the final selection.
- A decision will be made by NLOWE and the successful applicant notified no later than February 21, 2014.