Request for Proposals
ONE-ON-ONE SIMPLY ACCOUNTING TRAINING
In an effort to provide established and aspiring women entrepreneurs with access to quality skills development opportunities regardless of geographic location, the Newfoundland and Labrador Organization of Women Entrepreneurs (NLOWE) is launching a one-on-one training initiative for business women in Southern Labrador. The training will consist of one-on-one Simply Accounting training that will increase the business development and management skills of participants.
The successful applicant will be required to travel to Southern Labrador and train five (5) business women on computerized accounting, in particular Simply Accounting software and proper filing systems. One-on-one in-person training will be delivered over a two week period. The training will require the following:
- Pre-training phone call with each participant to determine specific individual training needs (5hrs).
- Travel to Southern Labrador, i.e. Port Hope Simpson, Lodge Bay, Mary's Harbour, Red Bay, or L'Anse au Loup.
- 75hrs of training time (15hrs, two days per participant)
- One hour 'follow-up' via phone/email for questions on Simply Accounting. (5hrs)
While the expertise of the applicant and the quality of work produced will be important in the selection process, NLOWE is a non-profit organization with limited resources, and as such, cost will also be an important consideration.
Following the delivery of this training, there are plans to organize future, topic-specific training at a variety of skill levels including intermediate and advanced. The successful applicant should also indicate their ability to facilitate future training on a go-forward basis.
Training MUST be completed by November 30, 2011.
Interested parties are asked to submit a proposal outlining their qualifications, experience, samples of previous, related work, their ability to deliver, proposed timelines, and associated costs by the proposal deadline of October 5, 2011.
Please ensure the proposal includes the following information:
- Resume outlining your qualifications and experience in this area
- Three recent references
- Demonstrated ability to deliver
- Associated costs (if any)
Instructions for Submission
Proposals must be received by 12:00pm noon on Wednesday, October 5, 2011.
Fax, mail, email or deliver your submission to:
Assistant Director, NLOWE
2nd Floor, Regatta Plaza II
84-86 Elizabeth Avenue
At. John's, NL A1A 1W7
- A confirmation of receipt of submission will be sent to each applicant.
- By submitting an application for consideration, it is understood that you may be contacted by NLOWE for follow-up and more information on your submission, however, only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- All curriculum and realted materials produced become the property of NLOWE, including all electronic files and materials
- NLOWE staff will work with the successful applicant to organize training logistics.
- Selection of submission(s) will be based on the experience and qualifications of the trainer, the quality of their work and cost to the organization. NLOWE reserves the right to make the final selection.
- A decision will be made by NLOWE and the successful applicant notified no leater than October 31, 2011.
- Questions on submission guidelines should be directed to Kristy Hoddinott, Assistant Director, email@example.com.