EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Moving Women Online
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
The Atlantic Canadian Women in Growth Partnership (ACWGP) is a three-year project between four Atlantic women's business organizations -
- The Nova Scotia Centre for Women in Business (CWB)
- Prince Edward Island Business Women's Association (PEIBWA)
- Women in Business New Brunswick (WBNB), and
- Newfoundland and Labrador Organization of Women Entrepreneurs (NLOWE) as the project lead.
This project is funded by ACOA through the Federal Government's Women's Entrepreneurship Strategy Ecosystem Fund aimed to address gaps and build capacity in the entrepreneurship ecosystem for women.
ACWGP has two main goals for the women's entrepreneurial ecosystem in Atlantic Canada:
1. Increase each organization's capacity to support women in start-up and growth phases.
2. Increase participation of under-represented women, such as newcomer women, women with disabilities, indigenous women, rural women, as well as women in non-traditional trades and in STEM related fields.
Research shows that women face barriers starting and growing businesses. These barriers and more exist for under-represented groups. We want to learn what these barriers are and how we can support these women through partnerships and tailored programming to empower more women to realize their entrepreneurial potential in Atlantic Canada.
Moving Women Online
The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted women business owners and has forces us to rethink how we do business now and into the future. ACWGP is offering the opportunity to women entrepreneurs in Atlantic Canada to move their current business operations to an online eCommerce platform so they can continue to grow business opportunities throughout and beyond COVID-19.
This program will be delivered virtually in each of the Atlantic provinces through a combination of small group training and individual hands-on technical support.
If you are a woman business owner and think this is an opportunity to help you and your business, please complete the Expression of Interest.
Deadline to receive submissions: Friday, June 26th, 2020
Please click here for details and to submit an Expression of Interest.
For more information on this initiative, please contact:
This project is proudly funded by ACOA.