NLOWE STAFF TO WORK FROM HOME AND ALL IN PERSON EVENTS TO BE POSTPONED
A Message from CEO, Jennifer Bessell
COVID-19 continues to develop and spread, and we understand that businesses are facing many challenges during this time. We are committed to doing our part to take measures that are critical to slowing down the spread of illness, while also operating in a safe capacity that allows us to be available to assist our members.
The NLOWE team is small but wide reaching – we have business advisors located in regions across the Newfoundland and Labrador who have the ability and support to work remotely from their homes. Our staff at head office in St. John’s also have supports in place to get work done in a safe manner while serving our clients.
- All in person meetings and gatherings will be postponed and/or cancelled,
- Where possible, meetings will continue online through conferencing platforms such as zoom,
- Business Advisors continue to be available to members and clients through teleconferencing and other virtual platforms,All staff travel suspended,
- We have made the proactive yet difficult decision to cancel one of our biggest professional development and networking events, our annual conference, which typically gathers a large crowd of 150-200 guests,
- Our AGM will also be postponed until further notice.
Effective Wednesday, March 18:
- St. John’s office will be closed as staff commence working from home for the foreseeable future. While working from home, staff will still be accessible during regular business hours.
Please watch our website for coming announcements regarding online events and presentations as we strive to respond to concerns as they arise.
Your goal is to succeed in business, and ours is to make sure you do. During this COVID-19 global pandemic, please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions or business concerns. If we take action now, we can help slow acceleration of the number of COVID-19 cases.
Please take care of each other and stay safe.
Jennifer Bessell, CEO