There is only one provincial event each year focused specifically on women in business, and this is it!
The Newfoundland and Labrador Organization of Women Entrepreneurs (NLOWE) 2020 Conference will take place on April 1 & 2, 2020 at the Delta Hotel, St. John's.
Our two-day event will gather business owners, industry professionals, government representatives, and community partners in one place to learn, network, and do business with each other.
We are currently seeking submissions for the delivery of 60-90 minute Pre-Conference and Conference sessions.
Those selected to speak will be chosen because of their ability to teach, challenge, and inspire attendees.
NLOWE is looking for presenters who have:
- command of subject matter
- ability to read and react to the audience
- desire to create a memorable learning experience
Submitting Your Proposal
We believe that participants learn more when they are actively involved; in your proposal, please share how you will engage the audience.
Our attendees are looking for ideas, skills, and techniques to take back and put into practice right away. In preparing your proposal, please provide three, and only three, learning outcomes.
Your proposal should also include:
- title and description of the workshop that will be delivered
- workshop objectives
- experience and qualifications
- short bio and high-resolution headshot
- associated fees and costs
Instructions for Submission
- Submissions must be received by 4:30p.m. on Wednesday, February 12, 2020; submitted electronically to: email@example.com
- Questions will be accepted at firstname.lastname@example.org until 12p.m. on Friday, February 7, 2020; Responses will be collected and posted on www.nlowe.org/news by 4:30p.m. on February 7
- Successful applicants will be notified no later than Wednesday, February 19
- Conference 2020 will consists of a half day of pre-conference sessions followed by a full day of sessions. Please indicate your preference in your submission
Tips for Writing a Good Proposal:
- Remember your audience - what will help them grow and strengthen their businesses?
- Help the selection committee understand why your session is the right fit for this event
- Don't be afraid to be bold and creative with your subject matter and delivery approach
Download the Call for Presenters here: Speakers2020