There is only one provincial event each year focused specifically on women in business, and this is it!
The Newfoundland and Labrador Organization of Women Entrepreneurs (NLOWE) 2019 conference
will take place on April 10 & 11 at The Conference Centre on Signal Hill, St. John’s.
Our two-day event will gather business owners, industry professionals, government representatives and community partners in one place to learn, network, and do business with each other.
We are currently seeking submissions for the delivery of 60-minute Pre-Conference and Conference sessions.
Those selected to speak will be chosen because of their ability to teach, challenge and inspire attendees.
NLOWE is looking for speakers who have:
- command of subject matter;
- ability to read and react to the audience; and,
- desire to create a memorable learning experience.
Submitting Your Proposal
We believe that participants learn more when they are actively involved; in your proposal, please share how you will engage the audience.
Our attendees are looking for ideas, skills, and techniques to take back and put into practice right away. In preparing proposal, please provide three, and only three, learning outcomes.
Your proposal should also include:
- title and description of your 60-minute session;
- short bio and high-resolution headshot, and,
- associated costs, if any.
Instructions for Submission
- Submissions must be received by 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, January 31, 2019; submitted electronically to: email@example.com
- Questions will be accepted at firstname.lastname@example.org until 12:00pm on Tuesday, January 15.
- Responses will be collected and posted on www.nlowe.org/news by 4:30pm on January 16.
- Successful applicants will be notified no later than February 15, 2019.
Tips for Writing a Good Proposal:
- Remember your audience—what will help them grow and strengthen their businesses?
- Help the selection committee understand why your session is the right fit for this event.
- Don’t be afraid to be bold and creative with your subject matter and delivery approach.
Download the Call for Speakers here: Speakers2019
Please see below for answers to questions received on this Call:
CALL FOR SPEAKERS Q&A