Founded in 1997, The Newfoundland & Labrador Organization of Women Entrepreneurs (NLOWE) has been supporting and encouraging women entrepreneurs for more than two decades. NLOWE’s mandate is simple… provide programs and services that connect and support women within Newfoundland and Labrador to start, grow and advance their businesses.
NLOWE currently has an opening for a Capacity Building Coordinator. Reporting to the Director of Administration and Special Projects, the coordinator is primarily responsible for developing and implementing stakeholder relations strategies as well as developing diversity and inclusion initiatives. Relationship building will be a key component of this role, with emphasis on research and understanding of the entrepreneurship ecosystem in NL.
The coordinator will work closely with the Marketing and Communications Coordinator, aiding with virtual event management, researching and writing briefing notes for senior management, and assisting the CEO with communications initiatives designed to raise awareness of challenges for women entrepreneurs.
Working with external consultants and the management team, the coordinator will also be responsible for facilitating an operations review of programming, assisting with funding proposal development, and coordinating in-house professional development opportunities.
2022 will mark NLOWE’s 25th Year. As such, the Capacity Building Coordinator will also play a key role in development and management of celebratory events and recognition throughout the coming year.
- Business degree or equivalent education combined with experience
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Able to constructively work under pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines
- Able to maintain and promote social, ethical, and organizational standards in conducting internal and external business activities
- Demonstrated ability to build solid, effective working relationships with others
- Experience working with underrepresented groups in the entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Experience in the development and roll out of programs and training materials
- 1 – 3 years experience working in communications in either a government or private sector setting
- Experience with virtual event management and delivery an asset
This position is full time, 35 hours per week and is located at our St. John’s Office. Occasional evening work is required. Some travel in Newfoundland and Labrador may be required.
NLOWE offers a competitive compensation package with medical benefits and generous annual leave. The project term will be approximately two years in duration concluding on February 28th, 2023.
If you would like to apply for this position, please email Judy Raske, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your resume and 3 references.
Download the Job Ad Here.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls, please.