Call for Nominations 2021 NLOWE Board of Directors
The 2021 NLOWE Annual General Meeting will take place virtually on Wednesday, May 19, 2021 on Zoom. All members are invited to attend.
Nominations are invited for the following positions on the Board of Directors of NLOWE effective May 19, 2021 for a term of 2 years.
• Director, Avalon Region
• Director, At-Large (4 positions available)
***Deadline for nominations is May 6, 2021.***
The organization has set out the following requirements for nominations:
1. Nominations must be received by May 6, 2021.
2. Nominations for Regional Directors shall be only from women business owners who are NLOWE members from that respective region.
3. Nominations for Director-at-Large may be from women business owners who are NLOWE members and from any region.
4. Nominators shall submit a completed nomination form, resume with 2 references, a bio, and a letter outlining their interest in NLOWE and what they feel they can contribute to the board. It must be clearly indicated on the form the position for which the individual is being nominated.
5. To be eligible to serve on the Board, nominees must be current women business owners who are NLOWE members in good standing for a minimum of one year as of March 2, 2020.
6. Self-nominations are welcome.
Listed below are some points for consideration for those seeking nomination for a board position with the NLOWE Board of Directors.
• The NLOWE Board meets in-person at least once quarterly, usually in St. John’s. Every other month a NLOWE Board meeting is scheduled and held using Zoom conferencing technology. Directors are expected to attend all Board meetings.
• NLOWE board members are expected to serve on a board committee which requires availability to attend committee meetings in addition to the regular board meetings.
• Board members are expected to carry business insurance.
Questions can be directed to:
Chair of Nominations Committee
*“NLOWE member is defined as a voting member who is a women business owner. She must own at least as much as the other majority shareholders of the business and must manage and have operating control of her business”.
Only nominations with ALL requested information will be considered by the Nominating Committee. The Nominating Committee reserves the right to accept or decline any application. The decisions of the Nominating Committee are final.
Deadline for nominations is May 6, 2021