About the Awards
We’re more than a membership organization – we’re a community – a place to share ideas and connect with other women in the entrepreneurial space. The Entrepreneur of the Year Awards recognize and celebrate the achievements of the award recipients, nominees and all women entrepreneurs who are rebuilding local economies across the province. These women are using innovative technologies and expanding into new markets. They are leaders in their fields and respected in their industries. In short, they are the best and brightest businesswomen in Newfoundland and Labrador.
Join Our Community
A partnership with NLOWE’s Entrepreneur of the Year Awards can be a great marketing strategy that connects you to the community in a meaningful way. Your brand will be seen as supporting women entrepreneurs and sharing inspirational stories of community champions, which is essential now more than ever before. To further discuss our sponsorship packages, please call our Director of Administration and Special Events, Krista Hazlie, via email at email@example.com.
We invite you to join us in celebration of these inspiring, empowering, and brilliant entrepreneurs and their successes. Click below to learn more about each award.
Economic Impact Award recognizes an entrepreneur whose business has significantly impacted the local economy. This entrepreneur has improved the economic position of the community in which it operates by employing local resources, stimulating growth and contributing to sustainable community development.
The Leadership Award recognizes a woman who has demonstrated that she is a champion for the advancement of women in general and women in the entrepreneurial space. She is recognized in her community as a successful business owner and is vocal in advocating for improved conditions for women entering business. Eligibility for this award would be open to current or former women entrepreneurs.
The Mentor Award recognizes an established woman business owner (15+ years in business) who has given considerable time and resources to mentoring other women to become successful in business. This award celebrates women who selflessly give their time and expertise to help other women enjoy success as entrepreneurs.
The Momentum Award recognizes an entrepreneur who has demonstrated significant growth and/or growth potential within a one to three-year time span. This entrepreneur has built a business that is adaptable and apt to successfully leverage opportunities for continued growth.
The Trailblazer Award recognizes an entrepreneur who owns and operates a business that has excelled in a non-traditional industry for women-owned businesses or successfully established a business in an industry uncommon to the area in which it operates. This entrepreneur has blazed a trail for others to follow and find success.
The Trendsetter Award recognizes an entrepreneur who owns and operates a successful business that employs innovation and original thinking in both its operational and promotional activities. This entrepreneur’s business stands out from others in its industry for setting trends and turning traditional ideas on their heads.
The Young Entrepreneur Award recognizes an entrepreneur, 35 years of age or younger as of March 31 of this year who has owned and operated a profitable business for at least two years.
Benefits of Sponsorship
A partnership with NLOWE’s Entrepreneur of the Year Awards connects you to the community in a meaningful way, and we promise to deliver the highest possible return on your investment. Click below for details!
• Recognized in media release
• Announcement, recognition and tagged on social media
• Announcement of sponsorship in weekly update
• Logo featured on screen throughout the event
• Recognition from the MC
• Invited on stage to present the award
• Logo prominently featured in profile video
• Recognized and tagged on social media
• Logo on prominently displayed signage at the venue
• Logo on tent cards and other print material
• Listed as award sponsor in awards gala booklet
• Free, half-page colour ad in awards gala booklet
• Recognition of sponsorship in The Advisor, Winter issue
• First right of refusal to sponsor in 2023
• Appreciation posts on social media platforms
• Certificate of Appreciation
Seven OpportunitiesEntrepreneur of the Year Awards
- To unlock new opportunities and programs and build our mentorship program, NLOWE relies on the support of the wider community. The Entrepreneur of the Year Awards Gala provides sponsors with the opportunity to support women entrepreneurs and promote their businesses to a supportive and receptive community.
We cannot underestimate the importance of supporting women business owners. Through organizations like NLOWE, we are increasing the number of women entrepreneurs in this province. Receiving Entrepreneur of the Year and being recognized by my peers is truly an honour. Thank you, NLOWE, for recognizing my lifelong career, which has brought me so much joy and I have loved so much.
Exposure and Recognition
- Promote your brand within the local business community.
- Recognition of the partnership between RBC and NLOWE!
To continue unlocking new opportunities, program offerings and building our mentorship program, NLOWE relies on the support of the wider community. The Entrepreneur of the Year Awards Gala provides sponsors with the opportunity to support women entrepreneurs and promote their businesses to a supportive and receptive community.
- Expand your customer base with access to business owners from across Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Stand out from the competition by presenting yourselves as industry experts.
- Fulfill social responsibility by aligning your brand and corporate values with our awards program.