The Atlantic Canadian Women in Growth Partnership (ACWGP) is a three-year project between four Atlantic women's business organizations -
- The Nova Scotia Centre for Women in Business (CWB)
- Prince Edward Island Business Women's Association (PEIBWA)
- Women in Business New Brunswick (WBNB), and
- Newfoundland and Labrador Organization of Women Entrepreneurs (NLOWE) as the project lead.
This project is funded by ACOA through the Federal Government's Women's Entrepreneurship Strategy Ecosystem Fund aimed to address gaps and build capacity in the entrepreneurship ecosystem for women.
ACWGP has two main goals for the women's entrepreneurial ecosystem in Atlantic Canada:
1. Increase each organization's capacity to support women in start-up and growth phases.
2. Increase participation of under-represented women, such as newcomer women, women with disabilities, indigenous women, rural women, as well as women in non-traditional trades and in STEM related fields.
Research shows that women face barriers starting and growing businesses. These barriers and more exist for under-represented groups. We want to learn what these barriers are and how we can support these women through partnerships and tailored programming to empower more women to realize their entrepreneurial potential in Atlantic Canada.
Download the ACWGP Backgrounder
For more information, please contact: