EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
NLOWE Board of Directors
Board Vacancy - Appointed Director
The 2016-2019 NLOWE Board of Directors is seeking expressions of interest from candidates for an Appointed Director Position. This position is appointed by the NLOWE Board of Directors based on the skills and knowledge needed to ensure that the strategic goals of the board are achieved. The Appointed Director fulfills expertise on the Board of Directors that cannot be gleaned from the current NLOWE membership. As such, the Appointed Director cannot be a current NLOWE member who was eligible to run in the 2016 Board of Directors election. The board is seeking an individual with expertise in procurement process with the goal of aiding our members gain better access to corporate and government supply chains. Non-profit board experience would be considered an asset.
The 2014-2017 NLOWE Board of Directors Strategic Plan has outlined the following key objectives:
- By September 2017, NLOWE has 400 members.
- By September 2017, NLOWE has sponsorship of $85,000.00.
- By September 2017, NLOWE has increased participation in events and training by 15%.
- By September 2017, NLOWE has 11 WEConnect International and WBE Canada Certified Companies.
The organization has set out the following requirements for nominations:
- Expressions of Interest must be received by the Chief Executive Officer by Friday, January 27th, 2017.
- Applicants cannot be a current NLOWE member who was eligible to run for the 2016 election.
- Candidates shall submit a completed Nomination Form, Resume with 2 references, and a letter outlining their interest in NLOWE and what they feel they can contribute to the board.
- Self-nominations are welcome.
Download a nomination form here.
Questions can be directed to Hilda Broomfield Letemplier, President, NLOWE Board of Directors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for submission is January 27th, 2017.